Offshore Technology Research Center
The OTRC’s mission is to provide technology, expertise, and services needed for the development of drilling, production, and transportation systems that enable the safe and economically viable exploitation of hydrocarbon resources in deep and ultra-deep water.
The OTRC develops technology through a balanced program of basic and applied research projects that is focused in the following core technical areas:
- characterization of the ocean environment
- characterization of the seafloor environment
- environmental forces on structures and foundation systems,
- structural responses and integrity, and
- advanced composite materials.